Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR-4120 and Netmodule FPR4K-NM-6X10SR-F

Hi,

I use a FPR-4120 chassis with a Netmodule FPR4K-NM-6X10SR-F configured as an IPS and connected to 2  Gigmaon HC1 TAPs.

I've connected 2 Fibers on ports Eth2/1 and Eth2/2 for one network link to monitor and 2 others fibers on ports Eth2/3 and Eth2/4 for another network link to monitor.

-->  I have not encounter any issue on Eth2/1 and Eth2/2.

As we have encountered some discard packets on the HC1  TAP port connected to the Eth2/3, several tests have been done to localize the issue -->  conclusion  : doubt on the Eth2/3 interface on the network module interface.

I've requested a RMA on the Network module, I've replaced the "older" network module by the one send wiith the RMA, and now I'm encountering  some links down on Eth2/3 after several hours !!! 

I've moved the Network module from slot 2 to Slot 3, and I've encountered the same behaviour with Eth3/3 ( same port on the module) !! 

I've tried to insert a fiber between port 3 and port 4 : link goes UP and goes down after several hours !!

I did the same test on ports 5 and 6 with the same fiber  :  I never encountered these issue : link still goes UP  !!

I don't understand this behaviour on ports 3 and 4 with the original Network Module and the new one sent with RMA.

Now I have a doubt on the chassis but I don't undestand the reason why I have the same issue when inserting the Network module on Slot 2 and Slot 3 !!

If someone have any idea or have experienced the same issue ???

Thanks a lot for your help

1 Reply 1

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Weird issue, So you have two set of inline pair 1 is with eth2/1 & eth2/2 and the other is with eth 2/3 & eth2/4. ports 3&4 on the slots having issues it may be some back plane issue did you check with Cisoc TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card