cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR1010 and “License Reservation”

thomas.talley
Level 1
Level 1

Does the FPR family, specifically the FPR1010 support the “License Reservation” feature of off-line Smart Licensing? If so, how does one create a “Reservation Request Code” on the FPR1010?

Thank-you

Tom

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my knowledge - everything now smart license, you need to create a CCO account and get a smart license to add to FP to work.

here is some reservation : but not tried myself.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/smart-licensing-enterprise/license-reservation-product-support-roadmap/ta-p/3642940

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're running FTD on your Firepower 1010 and using local management (Firepower Device Manager - FDM), the Permanent License Reservation (PLR) feature is not supported as of version 6.5.

We expect this feature in 6.6, coming in 1H CY 2020. When using PLR, your Smart Account must also be enabled for it.

So I know this is an older post but I’m just receiving my first round of 1010s and the have 6.6 installed and i still don’t see an option for offline registration or license registration, or on premises for that matter. Has anyone successfully manage to do this or know how or if available yet?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look under the settings icon ("gear" on top right) on the Smart Licensing page of FDM:

FDM PLR settingFDM PLR setting

hi dear,

when entered the switch to universal PLR , and copy the request code to smart license reservation, appears error as shown the attached image, how to enable !!

Hi, you need to open case with Global Licensing Team to enable your Smart Account to be able to configure permanent license reservation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card