cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FS-VMW-10-SW-K9 (Serial number 7361J7DE323)-renewal required for software support

mangesh.shukla
Level 1
Level 1

Please tell me which sku to choose while renewing FS-VMW-10-SW-K9 (Serial number 7361J7DE323) product

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 10-device FirePOWER VM license is perpetual and doesn't require renewal.

If you're asking about renewing support, the most common support contract type used with that would be CON-SAU-VMWSW10 for software application support and upgrades. You would specifiy a term for that contract - something between 12 and 60 months.

If I am generating quote with ccw tool, I am getting below service sku. what does this mean?

Product Number PAK/Serial Number Major/Minor Service Level Service Level Description SKU
FS-VMW-10-SW-K9 7361J7DE323 Major SPAR1 SP Base Support with HW AR Level 1 SP-AR1-VMWSW10
FS-VMW-10-SW-K9 7361J58F9A8 Major SPAR1 SP Base Support with HW AR Level 1 SP-AR1-VMWSW10

The SPAR1 service levels are for the Service Provider market.

Does the SPAR1 doesn't provide support equivalent to CON-SAU-VMWSW10?

what are the deliverables in SPAR1 and CON-SAU-VMWSW10?

I have to quote to the customer but not sure what to quote.

by default i am getting SPAR1 service level

Please help here.

In either case the deliverable is TAC support and entitlement to software updates. I believe the customer type dicates whether they are eligible for the SPAR1 contract type.

If you need Cisco confirmation, then I suggest opening a case with Partner helpdesk.

Adding to Marvin,

It looks like initially the SPAR 1 service level was configured because it provides both software updates and hardware replacement. Service level (CON-SAU-VMWSW10) is for Software Application Support plus Upgrades. Please see the below links for more information.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/services/ps2827/ps2993/services_data_sheet0900aecd803f3d93.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/smart-net-total-care/sp-base-datasheet.pdf

Hope to help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card