Views
Helpful
Replies

FS-VMW-2-SW-K9 Specifications

BenBen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anybody knows what CPU, Storage, RAM specifications required for vm to install FireSight Management Center FS-VMW-2-SW-K9? 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

4 vCPU, 250 GB and 4 GB.

Those are the default values specified by the ova and Cisco recommends you not adjust those downward at all.

EDIT 2014-01-05 - see below posting for source

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

4 vCPU, 250 GB and 4 GB.

Those are the default values specified by the ova and Cisco recommends you not adjust those downward at all.

EDIT 2014-01-05 - see below posting for source

The reference is incorrect Marvin. Can you recheck your source. I have the same question and need a source.

I also need the sizing requirements and recommendations for the OVA.

Sorry - that was the general Defense Center installation guide. The virtual appliance specific one is here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/firesight/531/PDFs/FireSIGHT-System-Virtual-Installation-Guide-Version-5-3-1.pdf

The table I refer to is as follows:

Hello,

Anybody know perfomance values for FS-VMW-2-SW-K9:

Maximum number of IPS events

Maximum network map (hosts/users)

Maximum flow rate (flows per second)

I understand that it's depend on server resources.

But Is there any license limit?

There is no license-imposed limit for those values.

When i activated the license for FS-VMW-2-SW-K9 i got 50 000 (host,users). What if the number of users exceed that value?

That's why i thought that there are other perfomance limit values for FS-VMW-2-SW-K9.

Same issue here. I got the FS-VMW-10-SW-K9, with 50000 host/user limit, today i have a health warning indicating that these value exceeds the limit.

Hi rretanag

Modify your Discovery policy and change the default 0.0.0.0/0 rule to that of your protected networks IP address ranges.

By default, Firesight will store all IP addresses and create Host profiles. You can delete the IP addresses from Host profiles that are outside of your protect networks or they will time out after 7 days by default.

Paul

Thanks pazzi, it works!

Excellent, glad to hear that!

Paul

Hi, all...Ive purchased the FS-VMW-10-SW-K2 license,and installed to VM Defense Ctr

but Defense Center is asking me for an other license to apply ACCESS CONTROL policy to the sensor.(which i do not have, --seems its protection feature)

Im not able to get any data on just about any dashboard, cant even apply network discovery policy. (sensor is registered and i could apply system policy)

Can i get a demo license for the " protection" feature which is what i seem to be missing..? who can i contact? 

My first SF install and quite lost at this point

philb0001  ,

Theres a no-cost Control (also known as Protect + Control) license that's included with all ASAs with FirePOWER services. It's generally shipped as a paper PAK with the appliance. If you didn't receive it, your reseller can provide it - its number is found in the Cisco ordering tool (CCW) as a 'serial number' associated with the order. If they can't figure that out, you can open a TAC case and the licensing team can assist. 

Once you redeem and apply that license, your policies should work. 

For all the licensing issues and requests , its always better to contact the Cisco Global Licensing team.

Hi Oleg

Look at the Discovery policy. By default, Firesight is creating host profiles of every IP address that it sees in connection event. Modify the discovery policies default rule of 0.0.0.0/0 to that of your protected network.

To answer your question, you decide what happens when the max limit of Firesight hosts is exceeded in the Advanced tab of your Discovery policy.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card