Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD 1010 WAN dual ISP Active\Standby and LTE 3rd backup

I have FTD1010 and customer want to have dual ISP Active\Standby and LTE 3rd backup 

So he need high availability by using dual ISP contention Active and Standby, and in case both ISP are down he need 3rd LTE backup for selected Phones and Computers only

IS that possible with FTD1010 ? and how 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@HaniAbuelkhair6735 use IP SLA and track the primary and secondary ISP connections. If the first ISP link goes down the default route via that link is removed from the routing table, the default route (with a higher metric) of the secondary link is used. If both the primary and secondary links are down then use the tertiary link (LTE). If you wish to limit traffic on the 3rd LTE link then you can control that traffic in the ACP using zones or only create NAT rules for the phones and computer networks when using the LTE interface.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

@HaniAbuelkhair6735 use IP SLA and track the primary and secondary ISP connections. If the first ISP link goes down the default route via that link is removed from the routing table, the default route (with a higher metric) of the secondary link is used. If both the primary and secondary links are down then use the tertiary link (LTE). If you wish to limit traffic on the 3rd LTE link then you can control that traffic in the ACP using zones or only create NAT rules for the phones and computer networks when using the LTE interface.

Thanks 

So i will have 2 default route for the 1st and 2nd ISP or 3 even for the LTE ?

And for the Phones and selected computers they should have static IP ? 

using PBR or ACL, that interest thing. 
if I found something I will share here 

I found this is the active\standby 

https://integratingit.wordpress.com/2021/05/06/ftd-dual-isp-using-fdm/

but not sure about the LTE 3rd backup 

Well the FPR1010 doesn't support LTE only ethernet interfaces, so you'd have to plug in a router with LTE to the firewall. Then treat it as another routed interface on the Firewall. Configure SLA and tracking for both the primary and secondary (as per the first response) and failover to the 3rd link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card