Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD 4110 Free trial subscription IPS

tcristina1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I need to provide a trial to IPS subscription to my customer with FTD 4110.

How can I do this process? How much time the actually appliance can use this feature after the subscription and the contract time?

Best regards,

Tamires Almeida

Security Pre Sales

Mobile +55 11 953762537

Email talmeida@vitait.com

Webex vita-it.webex.com/join/talmeida

www.vitait.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If it already had an IPS license which expired then they cannot revert to evaluation mode. If one could do that there would be no incentive to ever pay for an actual license.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When they do the initial product configuration they simply choose "Evaluation mode" licensing. That will allow them to use the features for 90 days without a paid subscription (for IPS) or license (for URL filtering and AMP). That applies whether they are using a Firepower Management Center (FMC) server or managing locally using Firepower Device Manager (FDM).

Hello Marvin!

This work when the FTD is installed with IPS license and the license expired?

Best regards,

Tamires Almeida

Analista Pré-vendas de segurança

Mobile +55 11 953762537

Email talmeida@vitait.com

Webex vita-it.webex.com/join/talmeida

www.vitait.com     

If it already had an IPS license which expired then they cannot revert to evaluation mode. If one could do that there would be no incentive to ever pay for an actual license.

Thank you Marvin ;) 

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add to the accurate info that Marvin said: The only license that you do not get with the 90 trial is the VPN (Strong-encryption) and AnyConnect. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card