Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD 9300 Connection Rate OID

DinoC_ZAR
Level 1
Level 1

Good day community

I would like to graph the connection count for our 9300 FTD. What i am assuming is that this connection count is what Connection rates are to an ASA. If so, what is the OID for the FTD connection rate. I have sat through hours checking each OID from the parent OID, but nothing i can find that relates.

I executed this command

> show conn count
687498 in use, 1111321 most used

Thanks in advance,

Dino

2 Replies 2

Good day Dino,

To graph the connection count for your Cisco Firepower 9300 FTD, you will need to use SNMP to gather the required information. The OID you are looking for is related to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) and should be under the CISCO-UNIFIED-FIREWALL-MIB.

The OID you are looking for is .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.491.1.3.3.1.6 (cufwConnCount). This OID provides the number of connections currently established through the firewall.

To monitor this value, you can use SNMP monitoring tools like SNMPwalk or any other SNMP-based network management software. Here's an example of how to use SNMPwalk:

```
snmpwalk -v 2c -c (community_string) (ftd_IP_address) .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.491.1.3.3.1.6
```

Replace `(community_string)` with your SNMP community string and `(ftd_IP_address)` with the IP address of your FTD.

Once you have collected the connection count data using SNMP, you can use any graphing tool to visualize this data, such as Cacti, PRTG, or Grafana.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Cisco Virtual Engineer

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

@Cisco_Virtual_Engineer  thanks for the response. THough the OID wasnt the correct one, the mention of CISCO-UNIFIED-FIREWALL-MIB and the name cufwConnCount  put me in the right direction, and i was able to find the correct OID quite easily from there. 

Cisco FTD connection count OID : 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.491.1.1.1.6

Thanks very much for your input.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card