cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD-Can not Configure Management Interface

cemrecanaltinel
Level 1
Level 1

I want to give an IP from the local network of the FTD device so that I can access Firepower through the interface. Firepower 1120 is connected to the  switch. In the switch, the ports to which the firewall and the computer are connected are defined to the same vlan. However, "configure network ipv4 manual 172.48.1.22 255.255.255.0 172.48.1.250" to the FTD device. When I give this command". It accepts the command, but in the show running-config output,                                                                                interface Management1/1
management-only
nameif diagnostic
cts manual
propagate sgt preserve-untag
policy static sgt disabled trusted
security-level 0
no ip address
I still see the management interface like this. How can I get an IP for the management interface? Can you help me?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@cemrecanaltinel the running-config won't show the IP address configured under Management1/1, you need to run the command show network and this will show the configuration of the management interface.

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @Rob Ingram mentioned, use "show network". That will give you the information for what is configured on the management plane - interface address, gateway, DNS etc.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

@cemrecanaltinel the running-config won't show the IP address configured under Management1/1, you need to run the command show network and this will show the configuration of the management interface.

Thank you so much,I saw the network informations with using show network  commands,:)

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what version of code running on the device ? Can you post full configuration of the interfaces

Do you have any oiverlap IP address configured on other interfaces ?

Follow below quick start guide for reference.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fp1100/firepower-1100-gsg/ftd-fmc.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank for start guide link,I found the  network informations with show network 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @Rob Ingram mentioned, use "show network". That will give you the information for what is configured on the management plane - interface address, gateway, DNS etc.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card