cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Management interface responds to HTTPS over 443?

Ralphy006
Level 1
Level 1

The management interface of my FPR1010 running 7.0.1.1 managed via FMC responds to HTTPS (tcp 443). Any reason for this?

I've tried to change platform settings, but platform settings do not apply to the management interface.

There are 2 problems:

• It responds to tcp 443 with tlsv1.2 AND 1.1 (1.1 is getting flagged by scans)
  • why would it even respond on this? I would like to turn it off if it isn't necessary

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Known bug - CSCvn94888

The documented workaround within the bug is gonna impact the firewall/production. You will need to work with TAC for other workarounds that doesn't involve loosing configuration.

Wow thank you. My TAC engineer is taking forever to come to this conclusion! (I know they are short staffed). What does the workaround look like from TAC?

It looks like the issue was resolved in 6.7.... but it must not have been fixed in 7.0.1....

If you take a closer look at the bug here's what it says - This defect fix is not retroactive, meaning that upgrading an already registered FTD device to a fix version will not close the port, and either one of the workaround options would need to be completed, or the device reimaged directly to a fix version for this defect to close the 443 port as expected.

The workaround from TAC involves modifying few linux level parameters to stop FTD from listening on port 443. It's better to work with your TAC engineer to apply it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card