Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD to 9400 Etherchannel in suspended state for clustering

In configuring FTD  cluster mode, 2 4115 appliances have channel-group 48 configured and both FTD's are connected to a 9400 with a channel-group 48.  I can get only 1 interface in the ether channel up at a time.  One is always in a suspended state.

FXOS 2.11 and FTD 7.0

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have any diagram of how these are connected? Can you post Catalyst side config? is the catalyst switch 1 or they are in SVL?

some troubleshoot and configuration information may help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/640/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v64/regular_firewall_interfaces_for_firepower_threat_defense.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/215351-configure-verify-and-troubleshoot-port.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the logs on the 9400 . when the etherchannel connect attempt is being made.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

dbotelho1
Level 1
Level 1

I attached the diagram I found that cleared it ip for me.  On the switch side I needed 2 different port-channels, 1 for each FTD

FTD-4100-HA25-1.jpg

@dbotelho1 yes - because, unlike the Nexus switches, the FTD devices have no construct equivalent to VPC that allows them to behave as a single device at layer 3.

For other readers, also be sure to always connect the CCL via switches. Otherwise you can end up with split brain issues in your cluster.

yes, that is the suggested setup, Hope you are able to resolve the issue, making them different port-channel towards nexus.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card