cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ftd to fmc management

michael18
Level 1
Level 1

Remote FTD has lost connection to FMC. From the remote cli I can see it has no manager.

The device is still configured on the FMC. Is it possible to recover the password and NATID from FMC so I can re-add the FMC to the remote config? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@michael18 unfortunately then the registration information is gone (for whatever reason), that file location is where the registration information is stored. You will have to re-register the device to the FMC.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

@michael18 

• From the CLI enter the command expert to login to expert mode
  • Type sudo tail -f /etc/sf/sftunnel.conf to display the manager registration information

Thanks. The config on the remote FTD has gone. I need to re-add the manager. the problem I have is I dont have the password and ID originally used to connect to FMC. Therefore I would have to remove it from FMC and re-add. That would mean the FTD would lose its config. I just want to re-connect the management and was hoping there was a way to recover the password and ID from the FMC.

@michael18 understood, did you try the command above?...this provides the password and registation information.

Hi Rob

I tried it on the FMC but it did not give me any info. what I got was:

}
}
peers_pending
{
}
peers_routed
{
}

I Have not tried on the remote end yet.

@michael18 unfortunately then the registration information is gone (for whatever reason), that file location is where the registration information is stored. You will have to re-register the device to the FMC.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you looking to remove FTD from FMC and rejoin you mean?

example can be find here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/misc/fmc-ftd-mgmt-nw/fmc-ftd-mgmt-nw.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thats a useful link. thanks for that. I did not want to remove and re-add. Its just the management that isnt working so i just wanted to reconfigure the manager at the remote end. However I dont have a record of what password or ID we used.

I would not try to retrieve the key, i do some troubleshoot what is wrong why it is not registering. if not know.

i do the below steps :

FMC remove FTD and re-register with a new key.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/215540-configure-verify-and-troubleshoot-firep.html#anc22

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card