Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Upgrade - 6.2.3

#TCN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community 

I'm running into an upgrade issue  - I'm looking to see if any anyone has come across such an error when upgrading "FTD (41XX)"  from 6.2.3 >>>> 6.6.x - see below 

Upgrade_status.log

-----------------------
PERCENT:[ 3%] MESSAGE:Fatal error: Error running script 000_start/101_run_pruning.pl
for more details see /ngfw/var/log/sf/Cisco_FTD_SSP_Upgrade-6.6.1/000_start/101_run_pruning.pl.log

101_run_pruning.pl.log
-----------------------
No connection to /ngfw/var/sf/run/diskmanager.sock - Accept queue is full? at /ngfw/usr/local/sf/lib/perl/5.10.1/SF/MessageSocket.pm line 1037.

FMC = 6.6.1

FTD = 6.2.3 > plan to upgrade to 6.6.x

The issue appears to be with more than 1 FTD pair 

Currently, upgrades are failing, I suspect this is another bug however I can't quite identify an actual ID 

Cheers

Jim 

5 Replies 5

Hi Jim,

Do the following, to get it working (I didn't find this documented but I
faced this problem and fixed it as follow):

- Upgrade from 6.2.3 to 6.4
- Upgrade from 6.4 to 6.5
- Upgrade from 6.5 to 6.6

***** please remember to rate useful

Hi Mohammed 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I will give that a go, I'm sure I tried a lower patch version (lower than the target destination 6.6.x)  .. I will try your suggested path below.

- Upgrade from 6.2.3 to 6.4
- Upgrade from 6.4 to 6.5
- Upgrade from 6.5 to 6.6

I will update this feed with the results soon.

Cheers

Jim

I dont think upgrading in three steps is necessary, but it might be a good idea to upgrade to 6.4 first and then to 6.6.

Have you upgraded FXOS the the supported version for 6.6 (FXOS 2.8(1.105))

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Hello Marius 

Yes the FXOS was upgraded to FXOS 2.8 (1.105)

I am going to try the staged upgrades to see if this is successful or not -just waiting on access to the device.

Cheers

Jim

AurangzebK
Level 1
Level 1

Why dont you re-image the ftd with desired version instead of going through multiple upgrade processes. Re-imaging will be quick and clean. 

All your policies stay with the FMC anyway, just re-deploy them after re-imaging. You would just need to reconfigure interfaces and the routing.

i have done this few times and found this method much easier than going through unreliable step upgrade processes.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card