Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTDv in HA in Azure

Hi,

We have two FTDv in Azure and want to configure HA in between; understand that, in Azure FTDv in HA will be stateless but don't find any document referring how to configure it. There are few link that we require to configure ILB and ELB for FTDv in HA but not clear what steps require from FTDv side and from Azure load balancer, also want to understand how routing or NATing (while traffic leaving towards Internet and private DC) will happen while traffic pass. 

Your kind assistance will be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Thanks Jimholla,
The referred link is for ASAv and we have FTD in Azure..what i understand that in HA agent supported on ASAv and not FTD.

I overlooked the fact that it is FTDv and not ASAv. My apologies.

Thanks for looking in my issue ..

Any idea how to configure FTD in HA in Azure or any reference link.

The FTDv in Azure does not support HA.

From the current quick start guide updated April 2018:  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/azure/ftdv-azure-qsg.html

Under unsupported features:

• High Availability (active/standby)

If you search around, you can find some people that have used custom JSON's to deploy 2x FTDv's into an availability set and then use an internal load balancer and external load balancer around them to have some resemblance of availability. 

Thanks Richo,

Do you have link or reference document to understand step by step config.

I have gone through youtube video created by Anubhav swami, but that also did not give clear idea.

ys1338001
Level 1
Level 1

Native HA for FTDv is currently not supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/azure/ftdv-azure-qsg.html

There are other ways to achieve a resemblance of HA as stated in other posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card