cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP

Lewis_Cipher
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to NAT my FTP to the outside.  I can't get to that IP.  Am I missing something?  I have FTP allowed in access rules.

For NAT

static NAT

inside  - to the internal IP

Outside - external IP

I can ping the server from firewall internally.  What else can I do to test?

27 Replies 27

yes, for example:

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

inspect ftp

!

service-policy global_policy global

The inspect ftp command is not working, can i just add it through the GUI interface?

what do you mean is not working? Is not configured?

If it is not configured then you can add it by CLI or GUI under the global policy.

Reply: 220 Microsoft FTP Service

Command: CLNT http://ftptest.net on behalf of 63.61..x.x

Reply: 500 'CLNT http://ftptest.net on behalf of 63.61.x.x: command not understood

Command: USER anonymous

Reply: 331  access allowed, send identity (e-mail name) as password.

Command: PASS **********************

Reply: 230  user logged in.

Command: SYST

Reply: 215 Windows_NT

Command: FEAT

Reply: 211-FEAT

Reply: SIZE

Error: FEAT response lines must begin with a single space character

Error when typing in command for FTP....

the first two lines work but the last one, "inspect FTP"  does not work...

I don't think the problem is with the inspect. The FTP FEAT command is entered succesfully but the responses a

re not. You can check the show service-policy and check if the inspect ftp has drops:

ASA-1# sh service-policy

Global policy:
  Service-policy: global_policy
    Class-map: inspection_default
      Inspect: ftp, packet 672, drop 0, reset-drop 0

I can get to where I go to the external address and I get a login box.  However, when I type in the password it times out now.  Looking at the log on the FTP server, the account is logging in.

No IPS

I am checking to see if the Router is open to FTP... I will post back back in a few.

FTP test I get this error????

Error: FEAT response lines must begin with a single space character

Can you try using Windows Explorer instead of Filezilla?  ex. ftp://{IP Address of outside interface}

Also check out the following

http://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16565

I can get HTTP to work from same server.  There must be something blocking the FTP.  Do I need to open more ports for the FTP?  The packet trace is not helping.  I am going to try and use the packet capture to see if that helps.

Excellent Idea,

How far do you get when you try to FTP to your server? If you get the login prompt and the password just timeouts, we may need 2 things in order to sort this out....

Logs from the connection

Packet capture

Show service policy

If you can get the login prompt but the password timeouts, I dont think it is a problem with the inspection, since the inspection takes place only when there is a file transfer about to begin.

Please feel free to gather that information, if you like you can send it as a Private message to Paul and Me, I think he would like to check those packet captures too as much as I do.

Cheers.....

Mike

Mike
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card