cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hairpinning with ASDM 6.4

yoasupport
Level 1
Level 1

I have been searching all day for a good step by step to set up Hairpinning using ASDM.  I am working in a production environment and don't feel comfortable with my CLI skills (not that I have any). 

I need to make an internal resource available to internal clients via its public IP address. The resource has a static NAT.  I have seen multiple explanations on how to do this with CLI or an older version of ASDM.  I need an explanation for ASDM 6.4

Can anyone provide me with this? 

P.S.  DNS doctoring doesn't help me in my particular situation due to the address pointing to an IP not a name.  Also internal IP doesn't work either because of a limitation of the application involved. 

I sincerely appreciate anyone who can show me how to accomplish this or point me to where I can find this info. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shrising
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am hoping you understand how U-turning works.

Refer to this link for a clear understanding:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/145401/dns-doctoring-and-u-turning-asa-when-and-how-use-it

Steps to configure via ASDM:

Create network objects for internal resource's private ip -->Inside_resource_private

(eg .192.168.12.2)

public ip -->Inside_resource_public ( 80.80.80.80)

Internal clients --> Inside_subnet  (192.168.12.0)

I have attached the screenshots in order of configuration:

Regards,

Shrinkhala

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

shrising
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am hoping you understand how U-turning works.

Refer to this link for a clear understanding:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/145401/dns-doctoring-and-u-turning-asa-when-and-how-use-it

Steps to configure via ASDM:

Create network objects for internal resource's private ip -->Inside_resource_private

(eg .192.168.12.2)

public ip -->Inside_resource_public ( 80.80.80.80)

Internal clients --> Inside_subnet  (192.168.12.0)

I have attached the screenshots in order of configuration:

Regards,

Shrinkhala

Thanks so much!  I believe this is what I needed.  The screenshot of the NAT setup is what I was looking for, I already have everything else in place.  I will be testing it later to confirm, but this is what I was looking for! 

Hi 

Please rate the answer if it was helpful! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card