cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can the firewall be routed to satellites?

이미지 006.png

The default routing for the backbone is the firewall.

When I send packets from SW1 to SW2, I want to go through the firewall.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The simple layer2 network is flat , and as such communication between 2 devices on 2 switches can not be aware of intermediate devices, for that (what you ask) you need a changed and or routed. topology. The question in this topology  would be equivalent to asking   : how can I make traffic from port-x to port-y on the same switch go trough  the firewall ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The simple layer2 network is flat , and as such communication between 2 devices on 2 switches can not be aware of intermediate devices, for that (what you ask) you need a changed and or routed. topology. The question in this topology  would be equivalent to asking   : how can I make traffic from port-x to port-y on the same switch go trough  the firewall ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

you're right So I change the network and try to route to the firewall using PBR.

use ASA as transparent mode not router mode

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card