cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many tunnels is able to do ASA 5545?

Zagam
Level 1
Level 1

How many tunnels IPSec is able to do ASA 5545?

I have a doubt regarding how many tunnels IPSec I can do with ASA 5545, I mean I have an outside interface on ASA connect to interface router. In this only link how many tunnels could i do?

For example:

ASA Outside 10.10.10.10---------------------------------10.10.10.11 Router Interface.

Only one? 

Regards!

5 Replies 5

Hi,

The ASA 5545-X supports 2500 VPN tunnels, reference here. Even though you only have 1 IP address, the sequence number used on the crypto map is used to distinguish between the different peers. So I don't see why in your scenario you could not configure up to 2500 VPN tunnels.

HTH

Hi RJI!

It is not that I can not, I have not yet implemented it, I only had the doubt, but when you say 2500 tunnels do you mean tunnels or sessions?

Reference document says "IPsec VPN Peers" = 2500, so each peer would be 1 tunnel, so therefore 2500 tunnels supported.

Sessions is generally used to refer to remote access VPN. Since almost nobody still uses the old IPsec IKEv1, we generally equate sessions with SSL VPN sessions for remote access clients. In that case there is a separate limit and you require AnyConnect licenses for your sessions. In the case of SSL VPN, the limit is also 2500.

So you could have up to 2500 SSL VPN sessions (assuming licenses are installed) in addition to 2500 IPsec site-to-site VPNs concurrently active.

Reference Table 3 here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/datasheet-c78-733916.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card