How can i do this?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tim Hamblin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think this should be fairly straightforward (may be shot down in flames here!!).

Install same versions of ASA and ASDM software on new ASA (5550).

Backup config of 5520

Load backed up config on to new 5550

Test

As long as the versions are the same I believe the configs should run on either system.  You will obviously have to setup the new one "offline" (not plugged into your live environment) as you will get IP conflicts and cause yourself all sorts of issues!!

I stand to be corrected on all of the above as I have never done this myself but, in theory, I think it should work fine.

Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tim Hamblin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think this should be fairly straightforward (may be shot down in flames here!!).

Install same versions of ASA and ASDM software on new ASA (5550).

Backup config of 5520

Load backed up config on to new 5550

Test

As long as the versions are the same I believe the configs should run on either system.  You will obviously have to setup the new one "offline" (not plugged into your live environment) as you will get IP conflicts and cause yourself all sorts of issues!!

I stand to be corrected on all of the above as I have never done this myself but, in theory, I think it should work fine.

Tim

Hi Tim

I did like you said, its work fine in lab environement

So, i need to connect my new ASA 5550 to my network and test applications

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card