Views
Helpful
Replies

How NOT to access Firepower thru ASDM

Brad_Shawh
Level 1
Level 1

When I login to ASDM, it loads the ASA Firepower module too

I manage SFR thru FMC and I don't want ASDM to check Firepower module while launching, is there an option to force ASDM to only load ASA config?

asdm.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the remote manager (FMC) is configured then the ASDM should only show Firepower module on the status tab, not in the configuration tabs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the remote manager (FMC) is configured then the ASDM should only show Firepower module on the status tab, not in the configuration tabs.

Thank you.

ASDM tried to connect to Firepower module at start up, is it default behaviour? I want to save my 3 seconds.

it is default behavior. as @Marvin Rhoads suggested if you have vFMC or Physical FMC in that case you can configure you sfr to connect to FMC and push polices from FMC to firepower sensor.

unless if you dont need sfr to do layer7 deep packet inspection than you can shut down the module. in that case you can save your 3 second of your life.

please do not forget to rate.

Thank you.

I was trying to find if there is a way to tell ASDM, 'well, I manage my sensor thru FMC, please know that you got nothing to do with it'.

But I'll leave with my 3 seconds delay:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: