cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to activate Firepower services ASA 5516

shahjs2002
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Technical Support Team, I recently join IT Department in company I found there is Cisco ASA without Firepower Service, URL Filtering, Application base control etc. can some one suggest me how to activate these services. do I need to purchase license? 

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
MCSE, VCP-DCV5, CCIP, CCNP, CCNA, MCP, OFC
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758
27 Replies 27

yes dear when i use session sfr console i am able to login.    the link you show there mention to unistall and install it again . but i am in production now. 

sfr.jpg

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758

Okay so did you have to accept the EULA or did you just get the ">" prompt when you logged in?

Do you have a Management Center that you're going to be managing the IPS from? To see if one is already configured, type:

> show managers

yes i accept EULA ...    

> show managers
Managed locally.

>

what i need to start work with this firepower if you can refer any video or documents so i'll start. but again i am in production environment. thank you for your support.  

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758

I think the direction we want to go is to figure out why your ASDM is not showing the Firepower settings as shown here:

ASDM Firepower.PNG

When you launch your ASDM, do you get an error message about not being able to reach the ASA FirePOWER module?

Yes you are right,  please see attach pictures when i try to connect

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

   

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758

Tyson Joachims
Spotlight
Spotlight

I found a good article discussing the setup: https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001107. Run through that and see if it helps make it so you can manage the Firepower module from the ASDM

i have configured same username and password which i configure before at time of accept agreement. now it's load firepower packages and it's how now in asdm. 

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758

you can see attachment. 

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good and its nice going and you able to reach the goal near by what you looking for,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Tyson Joachims
Spotlight
Spotlight

Awesome! Looks like progress. I'm assuming that was your end goal and you've got it from here or were there any other things you wanted to verify? Please consider rating all helpful responses.

Thank you very much guys, for me every single conversation with you guys helpful.     Yes Dear i think i need alot of things but i'll start now from start-up point.  my goal to configure web filtering and application filtering first. what you suggest for that what i'll need first. 

Shahzad Khan
IT Manager
Shahjs2002@yahoo.com
00966-542239758

I'd start with the basic configuration shown in the Pete Net Live article I posted earlier (https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001107). That will get you started and show you how the policies are created for the various things and more importantly, how they are applied. Keep in mind that if you don't have a license for the features that you enable, you may not be able to enable it at all or for a very short amount of time. Check with your Cisco vendor for pricing on licensing.

Make sure you log what required . SFR kill the performance.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card