Views
Helpful
Replies

How to avoid anyconnect untrusted server alert

l.buschi
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

my costumer migrated his antivirus and now he has issues with anyconnect.

He need to upload a certificate to avoid the alert on anyconnect connection.

He need to contnue in local username AAA, no certificate authentication for user.

Is there a way to upload a certificate to solve this problem?

In attachement the alert.

Many tks

Johnny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The headend device (ASA or FTD) must have a certificate issued by a trusted Certificate Authority (CA) matching the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the device. If you access it via IP address it will typically always give you the untrusted alert.

Using local authentication (or not) and the type of authentication (username and password vs. certificate) is completely unrelated to this problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi @l.buschi ,

at AnyConnect > click the Cog Wheel > Preferences > you are able to disable the Block Connections to Untrusted Servers.

Hope this helps !!!

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The headend device (ASA or FTD) must have a certificate issued by a trusted Certificate Authority (CA) matching the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the device. If you access it via IP address it will typically always give you the untrusted alert.

Using local authentication (or not) and the type of authentication (username and password vs. certificate) is completely unrelated to this problem.

l.buschi
Level 2
Level 2

Many tks Marvin.

where is the section on ASDM I can upload a certificate?

You're welcome.

Here's a complete guide to setting up a certificate:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/200339-Configure-ASA-SSL-Digital-Certificate-I.html

Once you have it installed, be sure to select it under the Remote Access VPN setup as the device certificate to be used.

check this link.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card