cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HOW TO DO ASA Two NATs (one with Port redirection and other without to same source and destination IPs

Hi,

I tried to configured two object nat as below:

Source Y (Internet) to destination Z (DMZ) translate port 443 into 9443 - I need this for a specific solution that only answers requests from Internet on  this port

Source Y (Internet) destination Z (DMZ) any any - I need the NAT without port translation as well  

When i do apply the configuration i does not do the port translation because always goes through the NAT without it

How can i have NAT configured where one of NATs does port translations and the other does NOT for the same IP address ???

Regards

Pedro

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That configuration makes no sense, and I would not expect it to work.  Basically you are asking to it to both NAT 443 to 9443 and 443 to 443.

You need to look for a different way to resolve your issue.

Hello Philip

Thanks but that is not the case, it goes like this 

I need a NAT from a 200.X.X.X to 10.0.0.X any any to cover for the access List below 

Source port any >= 1024 TCP destination 10.0.0.X on 2776,1720, 15000-19999, 5060

Source por any >= 1024 UDP destination 10.0.0.X on 36000, 36001, 36002-59999

Also need a NET from 200.X.X.X to 10.0.0.X with port translation 443 to 9443 TCP for ACL 

Source port any TCO destination 10.0.0.X on 9443 

How can i do both NATs to work together ?

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I still looks pretty clearly to me like you are asking the ASA with your configuration to try and NAT the same port to two different ports, and as such I believe it will never work.

I think you need to pursue a new design.

Perhaps someone else might be able to help.

Not saying you are totally wrong because the two NAT as above will do exactly that. Perfectly aware of it.

My question is exactly how to avoid it - Do you understand ?

I need the two NAT - 1st one because i need to NAT without port translation in regards to the access required by the related ACL and the 2nd one because i need port translation for that specific port.since my APP is listening on 9443. 

Now. Do you know how to acomplish this ????

I think you need to completely separate NAT's.

You could add a second internal IP address to the server, and use that with port 9443, and then NAT a different and separate public IP address to that private IP.

Then you would just leave the existing 1:1 NAT in place.

Or change the application so it doesn't need a port translation ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card