Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find the license key on ASA 5516

Hello.

Our Smartnet contract expired and we bought a renewal license, our reseller sent us the new license that includes a PAK, when i try to activate the license and assign it to the ASA, it asks for a license key and gives directions on how i can find the license key using ASDM, unfortunately the ASDM on my ASA does not have the firepower tab or the firepower configuration button. is there another way i can get the activiation key? 

3 Replies 3

Amine ZAKARIA
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @vitumbiko nkhwazi ,

Based on that PAK you can generate the ASA license, you need to give your reseller the ASA SN so they can generate the license(Activation Key) using that pac.

To activate the license use :

Activation-key (license key)

I does require a reboot so the license takes effect. 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What license type are you talking about?

Licenses for the Firepower service module are managed through the Firepower Management Center (FMC) if they are not managed locally (through ASDM). In that case, the license key is found in the managing FMC.

Activation keys (generated from PAKs via the software.cisco.com self-service portal) are for ASA features like AnyConnect, contexts, 3DES-AES etc.

It is a SmartNet license

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: