Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get ASA License?

InTheJuniverse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We ordered two new ASA firewalls and have them delivered. I received a Software License Claim Certificate that includes

Product Name : ASA5506 Control License

Entitlement Quantity : 1

PAK : xxxxxxxxxxx

PIN : xxxxxxxxx

When I power on my ASA and see, it has no Failover License. How do I obtain it?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry I have missed the model number in your post. I see you are using ASA 5506.

Refer to the following document, you need to buy Security Plus License to enable HA (Active/standby), while HA (Active / Active) is not supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa95/configuration/general/asa-95-general-config/intro-license.html#ID-2148-00000a6e

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ngkin2010
Level 7
Level 7
What is your ASA's model?

Sorry I have missed the model number in your post. I see you are using ASA 5506.

Refer to the following document, you need to buy Security Plus License to enable HA (Active/standby), while HA (Active / Active) is not supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa95/configuration/general/asa-95-general-config/intro-license.html#ID-2148-00000a6e

@InTheJuniverse ,

As @ngkin2010 correctly mentioned, you need the Security Plus license for an ASA 5506 to enable Failover for HA.

The Control license is for the base level functionality of the Firepower service module. It is a prerequisite for the other Firepower features which each require additional licensing (IPS, URL Filtering and Malware).

Thank you.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

adding to other post, Register online with smartnet license with CCO ID, or Call License team they able to assists better.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you.

I have registered with my corporate ID, associated with smart account. The only licenses available Control / Protect for Firepower.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: