Views
Helpful
Replies

How to show hostname on FMC event or syslog event

peter.peng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sirs:

How to show hostname on FMC event or syslog event ? What can I do for this requisition ?

4 Replies 4

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @peter.peng ,

Maybe this link can help you:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/620/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v62/system_configuration.html#ID-2241-00000349

Configure Classic Device Management Interfaces at the Web Interface

Step 4

In the Shared Settings area, set network parameters shared by all interfaces.

Note 

If you selected DHCP for the eth0 interface, you cannot manually specify some shared settings derived from the DHCP server.

You can configure the following shared settings:

• Hostname—Set the device hostname. If you change the hostname, reboot the device if you want the new hostname reflected in syslog messages. Syslog messages do not reflect a new hostname until after a reboot.

• Domains—Set the search domain(s) for the device, separated by commas. These domains are added to hostnames when you do not specify a fully-qualified domain name in a command, for example, ping system . The domains are used only on the management interface, or for commands that go through the management interface.

• Primary DNS Server, Secondary DNS Server, Tertiary DNS Server—Set the DNS servers to be used in order of preference.

• Remote Management Port—Set the remote management port for communication with the FMC. The FMC and managed devices communicate using a two-way, SSL-encrypted communication channel, which by default is on port 8305.

Regards

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If I am not wrong you are talking about the logging origin-id. Try with this command. 

logging origin-id hostname

Note: If you have enabled any source interface then first remove the source interface command after run this command. After that you can run old source interface command again. I seen this issue due to a bug. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Sirs:

Sorry for that. I didn't describe it very clearly. 

We can find many client connect event at FMC Connection event. But I just can find the client IP address. How can I change it with hostname. Or I can export syslog information by hostname to syslog server ?

Hi Peter,
Did you ever find a way to get the hostname in the events?
Cheers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card