cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to know how to remotely manage firepower over outside interface using ASDM. (ASA5516)

GaeMi
Level 1
Level 1

ASA Model is ASA-5516 with firepower

I want to remotely manage firepower over outside interface using ASDM.

I tried many methods, but isn't working.

ASA has only one public IP address (example : 123.123.123.123)

Firepower has private IP address (example : 10.0.0.1)

Firepower has gateway IP address (example : 10.0.0.129 , ASA inside port IP add)

Management 1/1 has no IP ADD.

Firepower port 443, ASDM port 9999.

I configured NAT 123.123.123.123:443 -> 10.0.0.1:443

when I logined ASDM(123.123.123.123:9999),

ASDM loading successful and ASDM ask firepower IP and Port number, I put in 123.123.123.123:443.

and, I see phrase  "Authenticating FirePOWER login".... and security warning message. I check continue.

I guess success login Firepower, but Firepower fuction isn't working...

I tried to find out other method, but I never find any method that remotely manage firepower over outside interface using ASDM.

Can I get method that remotely manage firepower over outside interface using ASDM?

(only one public IP address for ASA 5516)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For ASA appliances, Firepower service module management requires access to the address assigned to the module which is in turn assigned to the physical ASA management interface. That applies whether one is using ASDM or FMC to manage the module.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For ASA appliances, Firepower service module management requires access to the address assigned to the module which is in turn assigned to the physical ASA management interface. That applies whether one is using ASDM or FMC to manage the module.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card