Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS 4235 end-of-sale

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have to install IDS 4235 to one of our customer. Now IDS 4235 is come to end-of-sale. How can I upgrade this product to IPS.

Pls help me asap

Swamy

2 Replies 2

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have already purchased the IDS-4235 then you are fine.

You just need to ensure the support contract is up to date, then you can download and install the latest updates.

The IDS-4235 is supported by IPS 5.0 software.

So the IPS software will run on the older IDS appliances.

If the IDS-4235 does not contain one of the optional PCI add on cards, then it will only be able to run in promiscuous mode with version 5.0.

If you purchase the 4FE add on card, then you can run it in inline mode.

The software for the IDS-4235 will continue to be supported for quite some time. It is only the hardware itself that won't be sold anymore.

Now if you haven't purchased the IDS-4235 yet, then you would need to purchase the IPS-4240 instead of the IDS-4235.

Customers may continue to purchase the IDS-4235 through May 31st if they are partial to that platform. However, the IPS-4240 offers many new features for improved functionality and supportability. Most importantly, the IPS-4240 has four 10/100/1000 sensing interfaces built in, allowing it to support inline functionality (2 inline pairs) without the need for additional cards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card