Views
Helpful
Replies

IME 7.0.1 disk space management

owaisberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Anyone has any idea how to clear old logs, tables and events from IME server (not on the sensor itself)

as it collected 13GB of data under C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IPS Manager Express\MYSQL\data\alarmDB

I did adjusted values for archiving in Tools -> Preferences -> Data Archive but how to get rid of already existing files

in that folder.

Thanks in advance,

Oleg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jtaliafe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Oleg,

You can stop the IME service and then manually remove the contents of the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IPS Manager Express\MYSQL\data\alarmDB

The above is if IME is installed into the default location. The alarmDB directory contains all the data. I would suggest to copy it out and archiving it somewhere in case you ever want to look at it again later. Once the alarmDB is cleared out you can start the IME service again.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jtaliafe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Oleg,

You can stop the IME service and then manually remove the contents of the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IPS Manager Express\MYSQL\data\alarmDB

The above is if IME is installed into the default location. The alarmDB directory contains all the data. I would suggest to copy it out and archiving it somewhere in case you ever want to look at it again later. Once the alarmDB is cleared out you can start the IME service again.

Thanks,

Thanks, it helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card