cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interactive Blocked Sites Allowing the Site Through

Michael All
Level 1
Level 1

I created a web content rule underneath a policy that does an interactive block on certain web categories. I tested it last week and it worked as expected. I randomly did a test this morning while watching the real-time monitoring and it showed the action was an "Interactive Block" but from my test machine, it was still easily browsing all the content on what was showing as being blocked in the event log. 

The status showed the policy was up to date on the device and applied. I put a description in for the name of the policy and reapplied it. Once it was applied I tested the same site from the same device and now it was correctly blocking the site.

I went back a few minutes later and tested again and now it is allowing the same site through while showing in the log that it is doing an interactive block.

This is on a 5506-X and at the latest version of everything.

Can anyone explain this result or should this be a TAC case? 

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

brunocanales
Level 1
Level 1

I had create an ACP blocking gambling, and other blocking Facebook application but when i check connection events i see that the connection its been blocked but in the user PC i can browse through those sites.

Regards.

I never did get a solution with this but randomly test it and have not had it happen recently. However, I did scheduled a nightly task to apply the policies and since I did that it seems to be working more consistently. Not sure if that actually confronted the issue or not though.

jaime.pedraza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Michael,

Did you find the cause of the issue? In a proof of concept I had the same behavior.

Thanks,

Jaime

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card