Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet access on ASA

lakshmanarao.v
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have ASA 5510  version 8.2 and dhcp is enabled on ASA. I want to provide internet access to some of the ip addresses. How to do that on ASA . Please help.

5 Replies 5

RedReddington
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using the GUI or the command line? Post your config so far. Presume you have working zones. Internal and External etc?

rizwanr74
Level 7
Level 7

Hi lakshmanarao.v

I assume your internal interface is name as: "inside" and internet facing interface is named as "outside" if so please copy the below line, otherwise change the interface's names accordingly to your ASA.  This will enable you to access the internet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

nat (inside) 1 0 0
global (outside) 1 interface

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks

Rizwan Rafeek

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for your response.

I know the command you have given allows all the ips internet access. But i dont want to give internet access to all the ips, i want to restrict only to some of the ip addresses. DHCP pool is created on the ASA itself. How to give internet access to few ip addresses.

Hi there,

access-list nat-out extended permit ip 10.20.0.0 255.255.255.0 any 
access-list nat-out extended permit ip host 10.0.109.152 any 

global (outside) 1 interface
nat (inside) 1 access-list nat-out

In the above example, I have allowed a network subnet (10.20.0.0/24) and a host address to access the Internet and everything else is not permitted to access the internet.

thanks

Rizwan Rafeek

Hi lakshmanarao.v,

If the the question has been answered on this thread, please make it as answered, so that this thread will beneficial to someone else as well.

thanks

Rizwan Rafeek

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card