cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS IPS Important Notice - UPDATED

pradnaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IOS IPS customers running version 12.4T, 15.0M, or 15.1M - a critical software defect has been identified which may cause your router to reload and be stuck in a boot loop if IOS IPS signature version S639 or later is installed on the device. Recovery of impacted devices is possible only via a serial console connection through the device's ROMMON mode. For customers who are using IOS IPS signatures S638 or earlier, there is no issue. Customers wishing to upgrade the IOS IPS signature version to S639 or later must first be running a fixed version of IOS on the device prior to upgrading the IPS signatures.  Fixed versions of IOS include: 15.2(4)M, 15.1(3)T4, 15.2(3)T1, 15.1(4)M5, 12.4(24)T8 and later. Please refer to defect CSCtz27137 for additional details and steps to recover impacted devices.

If you have upgraded your version of IOS to 15.2(4)M, 15.1(3)T4, 15.2(3)T1, 15.1(4)M5, 12.4(24)T8 or later you can obtain the most recent signature updates by  contacting the Cisco TAC

3 Replies 3

kmccourt
Level 1
Level 1

What is the most recent version of IOS IPS sig file that TAC can supply?

I'm running IOS 15.2(4)M1 and, per your suggestion above to contact TAC for the most recent signature update, I requested a later version of IPS sig than S636.

I was simply referred back to the standard download page and IPS sig file S636.

Hi,

You will need to open a TAC case to get the recent update for any IOS ver you are running.  If you have opened a TAC case and were referred back to download page, please pass me the case number and I can help to resolve the issue.

-Pradeep

I had opened a TAC case but, as stated above, I was referred back to ths standard download page.

However I queried this and was subsequently directed to a more recent IPS sig file so all is ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: