cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS XE 9300 WLAN September Security Updates?

webabc123
Level 1
Level 1

Which version of IOS patches this advisory?

Cisco IOS XE Software for Catalyst 9000 Family Wireless Controllers CAPWAP Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

I can't find any IOS XE version released around the date of the advisory.  The newest version I see is from July and I don't see anything that says what specifically fixes the issue other than applying a vaguely mentioned update with no details.

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

At the bottom of the Security Bulletin is a Software Checker, did anyone made any attempt (even tried) to check?

Why not just list the minimum version numbers plainly? No need to hide it behind  a puzzle or CAPTCHA exercise.

A simple list of affected or patched versions would make sense or just say “upgrade to at least ‘X’ version or higher to address the vulnerability.”

@webabc123 wrote:

Why not just list the minimum version numbers plainly?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I still don’t have an answer.

Even after entering a version number, being redirected to another page with a captcha and the completing the captcha, the results didn’t say whether or not the version is safe from the vulnerability.  Instead it only referred to a vulnerability for 2019.

I still don’t have an answer.

Even after entering a version number, being redirected to another page with a captcha and then completing the captcha, the results didn’t say whether or not the version is safe from the vulnerability.  Instead it only referred to a vulnerability for 2019.

I have tested the software verification check and it works.

Why does it list another old vulnerability by name, but not mention this vulnerability by name?

Why is it difficult to just post a list of versions that are patched against the vulnerability right in the advisory or else post a link in the advisory to another page with that info?

41871B1F-5C22-4D19-A577-94572F74914E.jpeg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card