Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS signature updates

Dear Experts,

Can you please help me out, I have few IPS devices and the signature updates for these devices are getting failed, and the description of the error is like"Error occurred during updates: failed to receive the upgrade file"

Can anyone of you people please let me know how do I get rid of these errors.

Any help would be really appreciable.

Thanks

Mohammed

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of IPS are you using?

These are about to cease updates altogether (early 2018) as they are almost end-of-life. During these last months of support you need to download and apply signature updates manually.

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for responding to my question, appreciate that.

I have few dedicated IPS devices like Cisco 4270 IPS sensor and rest of them are either the hardware module inserted in ASA or security services Processor running on ASA and the IPS version running on them is 7.1(11p1)E4.

please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks

Mohammed

That release should be able to accept a manual upload of current signature files.

Can you tell us what procedure you are trying to use - cli manual copy, IPS Device Manager, IPS Manager Express or Cisco Security Manager?

Also - was it working previously and, if so, when did it stop?

Hey Thanks for replying Marvin.

We have a automatic updates of signature  to be downloaded from Cisco and it is done via Cisco Security Manager.

It was working fine before, last week the updates got failed.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

This may be a new bug. I do know they disabled automatic updates for IME several months back without announcement. They may have done something similar for CSM.

I'd recommend opening a TAC case.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card