cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it allowed to rehost a license from physical device to virtual device?

jiida
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

Can a license on a physical device rehostable to a virtual device?  or vice versa? 

Example: DC1000-K9  << =====>> FS-VMW-SW-K9

8 Replies 8

dhvenkat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We checked on this with our BU SMEs, if we consider the above example then it is not possible to transfer the licenses.

Thanks,

DD

Thank you!

Hi Dhvenkat,

Please let me ask you regarding your response.

I'd assume that your response is technical perspective but does this mean that end user has to purchase license for virtual version? 

Regards,

Mari Kurozumi

Hi Maria,

We checked with BU on this, the answer is Yes. User needs to buy license for Virtual version.

Thanks,

DD

Thank you for your response.

Mari

Hi Dhvenkat,

Please let me confirm your response again for the reason it is not possible to re-host.

is it because that with SF in the past, the license key was published to the management side (FireSight), but with Cisco license (PAK) will be published to FirePower, therefore there is no license can be applied (make association) to VM license with FirePower purchased via SF. Does this gap make operation inconsistency?? (then user have to purchase license for VM version...)

Regards,
Mari

Hi Mari,

The comment provided was from BU product managers, we do not have more information on this. We would recommend to reach out to your CISCO sales contact for more information.

Thanks,

DD

Hi Dhvenkat,

Thank you for your response and recommendation.

Ok, I will try to reach BU through Security Sales team.

Regards,

Mari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card