cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any alternative to console cable for pix 501 firewall?

amit03tiwari1
Level 1
Level 1

I need help on CISCO PIX 501 Firewall, it comes with console cable having serial port, but systems now a days & the one i am having are not having serial port so i am not able to access command-in-line , is there any alternative way, can it be accessed using ethernet or lan wire, if so please provide steps, waiting for your valueable responses, ...

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Have you considered getting an USB adapter for the Console cable?

I had to get that for my first work laptop since they happened to order a model without the serial port. For the most part it worked just fine.

I guess depending on your PIX configurations you might be able to boot it up and attach a PC directly to it and manage it.

- Jouni

i have tried that, but when i was trying to access asdm/pdm through  198.168.1.1 it connects me to router insted of firewall, & when i  use ping command it dosent show any prob, next time i switched off  router & directly connect firewall to system, it fails to show any  ping report, it fails to ping on same address 192.168.1.1, /... what  should i do.. ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card