cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2: Accounting Interim Update Reports

david.wisnoski
Level 1
Level 1

ISE was not displaying Accounting Interim Update Reports until ISE Version 2.2.

I upgraded to to ISE version 2.2 and have found that optional RFC 2866 RADIUS Accounting Framed-IP-Address(8) RADIUS Attribute is required for displaying Accounting Interim Update Reports.

This observation was found by looking at the collector and report DEBUG logs in detail, I stumbled across a tuple entry, SessionStateContext, consisting of {Cisco-AVPair(1): audit-session-id, Calling-Station-Id(31), Framed-IP-Address(8)}…

2017-07-20 13:48:47,966 DEBUG [AcsSyslog store] cisco.mnt.collection.session.SessionStateContext: ACCTStart:Session found due to AuditSessionID

2017-07-20 13:48:47,966 DEBUG [AcsSyslog store] cisco.mnt.collection.session.SessionStateContext: ACCTStart:Session found due to CallingStationID

2017-07-20 13:48:47,966 DEBUG [AcsSyslog store] cisco.mnt.collection.session.SessionStateContext: ACCTStart:Session found due to FramedIPAddress

I would like to know if Framed-IP-Address(8) is a required RADIUS attribute in Accounting Interim Update Requests so that ISE will properly display Accounting Interim Update Reports.

2 Replies 2

marco.merlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Indeed because of this bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve85449

my ISE 2.3 patch 1 deployment sometimes is not showing interim update in reports .

I did some tests both with and without Framed-IP-Address attribute .

+For a user that has been authenticated with eap interim updates without Framed-Ip-Address are not shown, the ones with Framed-Ip-Adress are shown

+For an end point authenticated with MAB interim-updates are never shown even if contain  Framed-Ip-Adress Attribute

+For guest users interim-updates with   Framed-Ip-Adress Attribute are shown

Regards

M

Interesting that my observations on Accounting reports is somewhat different. I haven't had the time to investigate in detail the packets to see what AV pairs are present. Observing the reports that I get, I have observed that MAB interim accounting updates are reported and dot1x are not. These are coming from a 3850 switch on 16.9.1. device tracking is enabled. We have also in the test environment a 3750x in which case I don't get any reporting from it. I have not seen the packet capture from that switch. Our ISE environment is 2.3 with patch 4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: