Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with 8.0.5.ED?

ece344609_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to upgrade my ASA 5510 running 8.0(4)28 to 8.0.5.ED to resolve an issue with IIS serving up pages correctly.

Are there any issues or bugs with this release?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

vilaxmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes 8.2.x is older than 8.0(5) for ASA. You can clearly see in release notes of 8.2.x that it is released on June 15th while 8.0(5) was released on Nov 2009.

Coming to your question, of which one is better or why should you go back to older code. I would say, It all depends on what features you are looking for on your ASA code, and what bugs hit your ASA in any code.

Having siad that, you can always go for the latest code, as that woudl have moft of the software defects in fixed status.

HTH

Vijaya

View solution in original post

8.0.5 is the latest but there should be a 8.2.x release coming out shortly. The botnet feature in 8.2 is pretty sweet. If I managed an ASA I would want it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the 8.0.5 RN link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/release/notes/asa805rn.html

Pls. read up on the open and closed caveats.

-KS

Joe B Danford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can find open bugs for software versions by reviewing the release notes. Here is a link to 8.05

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/release/notes/asa805rn.html

There is a section titled "Open Caveats in Software Version 8.0(5)". This lists all the open bugs for the release at that time. I would review the list to see if there are any possible conflicts with your config/feature set. You may want to consider one of the later releases in 8.2 instead.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks guys for the replies.

I did see that before but was wondering if there is anything else obvious someone has experienced with this release that was not documented.

Als Joe is there any reason I should go with the 8.2 release?  Isnt 8.0.5 the latest release?

vilaxmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes 8.2.x is older than 8.0(5) for ASA. You can clearly see in release notes of 8.2.x that it is released on June 15th while 8.0(5) was released on Nov 2009.

Coming to your question, of which one is better or why should you go back to older code. I would say, It all depends on what features you are looking for on your ASA code, and what bugs hit your ASA in any code.

Having siad that, you can always go for the latest code, as that woudl have moft of the software defects in fixed status.

HTH

Vijaya

8.0.5 is the latest but there should be a 8.2.x release coming out shortly. The botnet feature in 8.2 is pretty sweet. If I managed an ASA I would want it.

Thank you all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: