cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JunOS to ASA migration

f00f1ter
Level 1
Level 1

I found a thread on this subject from back in Dec. 2010, but there didn't appear to be a resolution.  I have a similar situation where I have to migrate a JunOS FW to ASA and while I can decode the interfaces, static routes, NAT, but I am having a difficult time doing the same for access control (ACLs, services, etc.).  Can anyone offer any advice or help?

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brquinn
Level 1
Level 1

I could not find an available tool which does this automatically. From what I have read, you can run the "show config | display set" command on the JunOS router to get the config in a more useable  format. From there, the config will look a lot more like a ScreenOS  config. Then you can use notepad and excel to do find/replace and to re-order commands.

I know our Advance Services teams have done conversions like this in the past. Have you talked to your account team about having Cisco assist directly in the migration?

Thanks,

Brendan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

brquinn
Level 1
Level 1

I could not find an available tool which does this automatically. From what I have read, you can run the "show config | display set" command on the JunOS router to get the config in a more useable  format. From there, the config will look a lot more like a ScreenOS  config. Then you can use notepad and excel to do find/replace and to re-order commands.

I know our Advance Services teams have done conversions like this in the past. Have you talked to your account team about having Cisco assist directly in the migration?

Thanks,

Brendan

Thanks.  This is what I have read as well.  I was hoping for a silver bullet.

But, thanks for your response.

The last time this questions was posted I had responded and alos sync-ed up the poster with our internal folks.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3239344#3239344

Pretty much what Brendan said above.

-KS

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card