cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L-FPR1000-ASA can run FTD with FDM managed?

jumperdub
Level 1
Level 1

I have the L-FPR1000-ASA license and I'm not sure that I can reimage the FPR1010 to FTD and managed it locally with FDM.

7 Replies 7

you can convert the FPR1000-ASA into FTD mode. first you have to un-register the ASA code from the smart licensing.

The hardware can run either FTD software or ASA software. Switching between FTD and ASA requires you to reimage the device. You should also reimage if you need a different software version than is currently installed. See Reimage the Cisco ASA or Firepower Threat Defense Device.

The firewall runs an underlying operating system called the Firepower eXtensible Operating System (FXOS). The firewall does not support the FXOS Firepower Chassis Manager; only a limited CLI is supported for troubleshooting purposes. See the FXOS troubleshooting guide for more information here 

And here how to reimage from ASA to FTD code.

please do not forget to rate.

If my firewall FPR-1010 did not register to Smart account yet (fresh firewall). So I can proceed to reimage the firewall to FTD and run it with L-FPR1000-ASA license, right?

This is correct. ASA→FTD: Firepower 1000 or 2100 Appliance Mode

you can convert the FPR-1010 to FTD no issue but for License you might need to reach cisco Licensing to convert your FPR1000-ASA in to FTD license. if you have a smart licensing port might you may able to get this around.

If you are running FTD image the L-FPR1000-ASA license is not applicable. You will require the Firepower base (no cost) and optionally the threat (IPS), URL filtering or Malware license license - depending on what features you wish to use. Those last three all have an associated cost.

Now I have L-FPR1000-ASA license available on the smart account and did not attached to any firewall yet. So, how can I convert the license to Firepower based license without those optional licenses? In order to run the FTD

Hi Jumperdub as @Marvin Rhoads mentioned in order to run FTD image the base lic (there's no cost) however, to run the Malware, url (IPS) you need to buy the licenses. your best bet in that case is you reach the cisco representative or you reach you cisco seller (Cisco Partner) they will be able to guide you and give you the cost etc.

Smart Licensing for Firepower Features check this link find you useful

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card