cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License ID? Transfering VM to new ESXi server

mythosmc1
Level 1
Level 1

Does my License ID remain the same if I transfer my FireSIGHT Management Center (Defense Center) install to a new ESXi vm host server?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Moving the VM (either via vMotion or copying the vmdk) will not cause the license key to change.

Rebuilding the VM from scratch will create a new license key.

View solution in original post

You're welcome.

I bounced this question off one of my Cisco security SEs and he said he didn't think so - but wasn't 100% positive.

In the event that it does, you should be able to open a TAC case and explain the circumstances and get them to authorize your new key for re-issuance of your current licenses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Moving the VM (either via vMotion or copying the vmdk) will not cause the license key to change.

Rebuilding the VM from scratch will create a new license key.

Thanks, one last question.. If I switch the MAC address on the NIC will it change as well? assuming I don't rebuild from scratch

You're welcome.

I bounced this question off one of my Cisco security SEs and he said he didn't think so - but wasn't 100% positive.

In the event that it does, you should be able to open a TAC case and explain the circumstances and get them to authorize your new key for re-issuance of your current licenses.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card