cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License key request error

erka_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to fulfill my ASA5515-X ips license key, but unsuccessful. So i'm installed demo license. I want to use legal license. What should i do?

4 Replies 4

tbostrom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

erka_ccna, 

Did you receive a PAK (Product Authorization Key) from Cisco for your IPS license order?  If so, the license can be fufilled by going to www.cisco.com/go/licensing.  Enter your PAK key and the system should return and then email you the IPS license key for input into the ASA.

The licensing portal can be finicky with browers so if you have a problem with one browser, try another.

I'm using my PAK number. But this error is occuring. 

Please see attached file.

It looks like a TAC case may be in order.  The error you're receiving looks like it has something to do with the existing license you may already have applied to the device.

anirudas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello erka_ccna,

Thank you for contacting us. I am Anirudh from licensing team. I would need some more details to further debug your problem. Can you please email me your device and order details at anirudas@cisco.com? We can continue working on your problem from there.

Thanks again,

-Anirudh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card