Views
Helpful
Replies

Licenses to enable FirePower on ASA5515x

Antonio Macia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I need to enable the Firepower NGIPS in a ASA5515X together with the virtual Firepower Management Center. Can you confirm that the following part-numbers are the corrects considering that I want to activate the anti-malware protection?

• ASA5515-CTRL-LIC=
  • L-ASA5515-TAMC=
  • L-ASA5515-TAMC-1Y
  • ASA5500X-SSD120=
  • FS-VMW-2-SW-K9

• CON-SNT-ASD120
  • CON-SAU-VMWSW2

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your list would cover it with the following notes:

You have included the SSD (and support contract for the same) which is only necessary if the existing unit was one of the early 5515-Xs shipped without one. You should confirm that with "show inventory".

The "TAMC" license type includes IPS, URL Filtering and Malware protection features.

The virtual FirePOWER Management Center requires the customer provide a suitable VMware ESXi host to be able to deploy the VM.

View solution in original post

Antonio,

ASA5515-FP-UPG is not a license by itself. It is an ordering SKU (stock keeping unit) that will prompt the reseller in Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW) to select all of the individual options and part numbers (i.e., the ones you listed separately) necessary to build a complete validated configuration.

If you are a partner, please also refer to the Network Security Ordering Guide. It can be found here:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-70838 (partner level access required)

I hope this makes it clear. Please rate / mark your question as answered if it does.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your list would cover it with the following notes:

You have included the SSD (and support contract for the same) which is only necessary if the existing unit was one of the early 5515-Xs shipped without one. You should confirm that with "show inventory".

The "TAMC" license type includes IPS, URL Filtering and Malware protection features.

The virtual FirePOWER Management Center requires the customer provide a suitable VMware ESXi host to be able to deploy the VM.

Thanks Marvin.

I can confirm that the ASA does not have the SSD incorporated. I'm also aware of the VMware requirements for the Management Center.

One additional question, what is the purpose of the upgrade license ASA5515-FP-UPG then? Is it a single license that includes all the previous items in the list?

Regards.

Antonio,

ASA5515-FP-UPG is not a license by itself. It is an ordering SKU (stock keeping unit) that will prompt the reseller in Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW) to select all of the individual options and part numbers (i.e., the ones you listed separately) necessary to build a complete validated configuration.

If you are a partner, please also refer to the Network Security Ordering Guide. It can be found here:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-70838 (partner level access required)

I hope this makes it clear. Please rate / mark your question as answered if it does.

Much more clear now.

Thanks Marvin!

Can i use "TAMC" license type with 5516

Below is firewall output

Name: "Chassis", DESCR: "ASA 5516-X with FirePOWER services, 8GE, AC, DES"
PID: ASA5516 , VID: V05 , SN: JMX2142G1J2

Name: "Storage Device 1", DESCR: "ASA 5516-X SSD"
PID: ASA5516-SSD , VID: N/A , SN: MSA213003YS

want to use this
L-ASA5516-TAMC-1Y

Yes, you can use that license.

You would also require the (no cost) Control license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: