Helpful
Replies

LICENSING FOR ANYCONNECT & IPSEC

suhas_syndrome
Level 1
Level 1

HI Experts,

i have Cisco 5520 firewall.

i have query about AnyConnect VPN & IPsec VPN for licensing for reomt user.

from Anyconnect VPN how many user can connect as same As IPsec VPN.

And whic vpn is better SSL or IPsec?

Suhas B.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IPSec is on it's way out and I would suggest going with Anyconnect only. By default you get 2 Anyconnect licenses. You can purchase a license for more. It's a platform license meaning that one license will give you the maximum allowed clients. For a 5520 that's 750 users. Here's the part number you need to purchase-

L-ASA-AC-E-5520=

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IPSec is on it's way out and I would suggest going with Anyconnect only. By default you get 2 Anyconnect licenses. You can purchase a license for more. It's a platform license meaning that one license will give you the maximum allowed clients. For a 5520 that's 750 users. Here's the part number you need to purchase-

L-ASA-AC-E-5520=

Hope it helps.

Hi Collin,

2 AnyConnect licence Mins  at a time 2 user can connect, am i right?

& what about IPsec licence by default and how many users can connect at a time via IPsec..?

Suhas B.

The AnyConnect Premium license for two users is included on all new ASAs. You can optionally add on to that either (but not both):

1. additional AnyConnect Premium licenses (licensed in tiers, per user)

2. AnyConnect Essentials license (licensed for the whole device)

You also need to add AnyConnect for Mobile (one fixed cost purchase) if you have users with mobile devices requiring remote access VPN.

If you choose to use the deprecated legacy Cisco VPN client and IPSec (IKEv1) remote access method there is no licensing limitation - you can connect up to the connection limit of the device. Note that the legacy client will not support Windows 8+, OS X, mobile clients etc.

You can also use IPSec (IKEv2) as the encryption scheme for AnyConnect clients (if you have the AnyConnect licenses).

Hi Marvin,

as per my understanding only 2 users can connect using Anyconnect VPN & no users limitation for IPsec VPN.. am i right?

With the base licensing and traditional Cisco IPsec VPN client, yes that's correct.

There is a hardware limitation for simultaneous IPsec clients, but it's in the 100s to 1000s depending on your platform.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card