Views
Helpful
Replies

Log every connection to ASA and router

ccnpwannabe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a Cisco ASA 5520 and a Cisco 3825 router in my network. I want to log every connection made to these devices. There are a few users who have different levels of access to these n/w devices. I want to log all these users and what they actually change and implement in the devices. Is this possible using a TACACS server or any other method pls. I also have read/ write access to these devices. Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can do that also.

You can use auth-proxy (router) cut-through proxy (ASA) to have the user authenticate for connections that he is making and do ACS accounting. But I don't think you need to do that for all connections, only for the ones that require user interaction.

Let us know if that answers the question.

PK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can log every "Built connection" syslog on the ASA.

On the router you can log an ACL line that says "permit tcp any any syn log".

So you will be looking into your syslogs server for these syslogs.

I hope it helps.

PK

Hi how abt installing a TACACS server. any suggestions

You can do that also.

You can use auth-proxy (router) cut-through proxy (ASA) to have the user authenticate for connections that he is making and do ACS accounting. But I don't think you need to do that for all connections, only for the ones that require user interaction.

Let us know if that answers the question.

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card