Views
Helpful
Replies

Lotus Notes and PIX

mkg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got PIX 515 installed and have Lotus mailserver on HP UX. The HP UX box is inside the Internal network and is NATed to a Public IP address.

But louts clients are not able to connect to the lotus server over Internet(port 1352). It is coming out with an error "server not responding". I have created a conduit for the same.

Any one faced the same problem?. Any tuning is reqd inPIX for the LOTUS to work.

Thanks in advace

Syam Mohan

2 Replies 2

jsteffensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jan

We are using a Pix 515 togehter with Notes on Nt.

There are no aditional configuration requirements on the Pix (exept the normal static and conduit).

You could try a couple of things to verify the connection:

telnet "server-ip address" 1352 , from the external side.

If you get the name/ip-address on top in your telet window (Win98) you have connected to the Domino-Server throug the Pix.

The configurations-settings on the Notes-server/Client must be set to:

- routing cabailities to the internet,

- a Location document/ Connection documet on the client. (Instead of a hostfile on the client).

I would guess that the Connection-document/Location-document is the hottest tip.

Regards

Jarle

jsola
Level 1
Level 1

I do not have a PIX firewall but I think that It may be the location document in Lotus Notes pointing to a Server name that it's not resolved to the proper IP address. Try to create a different location document in Lotus Notes and specify the NAT Public IP address associated to the Notes Server. Select the new location document in the Client and try to connect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: