Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner
Beginner

Lotus Notes and PIX

Hi,

I have got PIX 515 installed and have Lotus mailserver on HP UX. The HP UX box is inside the Internal network and is NATed to a Public IP address.

But louts clients are not able to connect to the lotus server over Internet(port 1352). It is coming out with an error "server not responding". I have created a conduit for the same.

Any one faced the same problem?. Any tuning is reqd inPIX for the LOTUS to work.

Thanks in advace

Syam Mohan

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Lotus Notes and PIX

Hi Jan

We are using a Pix 515 togehter with Notes on Nt.

There are no aditional configuration requirements on the Pix (exept the normal static and conduit).

You could try a couple of things to verify the connection:

telnet "server-ip address" 1352 , from the external side.

If you get the name/ip-address on top in your telet window (Win98) you have connected to the Domino-Server throug the Pix.

The configurations-settings on the Notes-server/Client must be set to:

- routing cabailities to the internet,

- a Location document/ Connection documet on the client. (Instead of a hostfile on the client).

I would guess that the Connection-document/Location-document is the hottest tip.

Regards

Jarle

Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Lotus Notes and PIX

I do not have a PIX firewall but I think that It may be the location document in Lotus Notes pointing to a Server name that it's not resolved to the proper IP address. Try to create a different location document in Lotus Notes and specify the NAT Public IP address associated to the Notes Server. Select the new location document in the Client and try to connect.