Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management Interface of FPR4120 not won't come up

Hello guys, I need your wisdom.

I am setting up a FPR4120 but the interface management does not come up. I am able to login to the console and I have already completed the initial setup. However, when I connect it to a switch or to my computer, the management interface never comes up. If I change the SFP and network cable to other port, the interface does come up but I am unable to ping the configured management interface.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK thanks for the update.

I have seen some odd bugs in FX-OS.

I don't see a public BugID for this one; but I'd go ahead and make sure your FX-OS is at the latest release level just to be sure. Currently that's 2.2.1.70.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/firepower-4100-series/products-release-notes-list.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you confirm you are talking about the chassis management interface on the top left labeled "GE MGMT?

Hello Marvin, thanks for your reply.

Yes that is the interface we are talking about. The interface is now working. It seems that shutting down the appliance and disconnecting it from the electricity helped somehow.

Thanks for your kind support!

OK thanks for the update.

I have seen some odd bugs in FX-OS.

I don't see a public BugID for this one; but I'd go ahead and make sure your FX-OS is at the latest release level just to be sure. Currently that's 2.2.1.70.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/firepower-4100-series/products-release-notes-list.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card