cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing ASA-5508X from FMC on additional interfaces or change ASA mgmt IPs in preparation for move

baskervi
Level 1
Level 1

We have a pair of ASA-5508X firewalls configured as Active-Standby HA that is being configured in through the FMC on the management interface on a test network. These ASAs will be moved to our DR location, so the management IPs we're currently using will not be available after the move. However, the other interface IPs are correct for the new location.

What is needed to make sure we can continue managing the ASAs from the FMC after moving them to the new location? I can potentially see one option is to use the MPLS interface to manage, and the other is to change the management IP. I'm not quite sure what to do with the changes to the FMC.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Does your ASA5508 is running ASA code and SFR module or your running your ASA5508 as FTD and Managed from FMC?

please do not forget to rate.

It's running FTD and managed by FMC.

Thank you for the confirmation.

What is needed to make sure we can continue managing the ASAs from the FMC after moving them to the new location? I can potentially see one option is to use the MPLS interface to manage, and the other is to change the management IP. I'm not quite sure what to do with the changes to the FMC.

- you can change the managment ip address of your FTD from FMC.

Devices--->Devices Managment--->FTD--->Devices---Managment

FTD_MGMT.PNG

or you can do it from fxos

Step 1

Connect to the FXOS CLI (see Accessing the FXOS CLI).

Step 2

To configure an IPv4 management IP address:

1. Set the scope for fabric-interconnect a:

Firepower-chassis# scope fabric-interconnect a

2. To view the current management IP address, enter the following command:

Firepower-chassis /fabric-interconnect # show

3. Enter the following command to configure a new management IP address and gateway:

Firepower-chassis /fabric-interconnect # set out-of-band ip ip_address netmask network_mask gw gateway_ip_address

4. Commit the transaction to the system configuration:

Firepower-chassis /fabric-interconnect* # commit-buffer

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/fxos/fxos201/cli-config/b_CLI_ConfigGuide_FXOS_201/system_administration.html

please do not forget to rate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card