Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from FWSM v4.1 to Firepower 9300 FTD 6.1

talkapple4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Migration from FWSM  to  Firepower 9300 FTD 6.1 did anyone tried.

I have a very big configuration file any advice or thoughts. 

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there-

Unfortunately, at the moment there isn't a migration tool that can assist you with this. As a result, the migration is manual which can be very labor intensive when dealing with large configurations. Also, there is no copy/paste in FTD so the rules will have to be migrated one-by-one via the GUI.

I have been told that Cisco is working on a migration tool but haven't heard anything about it yet.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Duplicate post - answered in another thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13128501/fwsm-v41-asa-v961-firepower-4100

Neno - check out the info on FTD Migration tool in partner community.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there-

Unfortunately, at the moment there isn't a migration tool that can assist you with this. As a result, the migration is manual which can be very labor intensive when dealing with large configurations. Also, there is no copy/paste in FTD so the rules will have to be migrated one-by-one via the GUI.

I have been told that Cisco is working on a migration tool but haven't heard anything about it yet.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Duplicate post - answered in another thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13128501/fwsm-v41-asa-v961-firepower-4100

Neno - check out the info on FTD Migration tool in partner community.

Thank you Marvin and Neno for quick reply.

No problem! If your issue is resolved you should mark the thread as "answered" :)

I would Marvin but I no longer have partner status :) :( I left CDW to pursue a new carrier with HireRight. 

Best regards!

Neno

FYI - Firepower 6.1 includes a REST API so you could indeed migrate your objects/policy in a more automatic fashion.

I have already tried importing objects and adding rules to an access-control-policy on FMC via the new API and it is working fine.

If you need any help, let me know.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card