Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration tool asa with firepower to ftd

Hi, I have to migrate from an ASA with a firepower module managed from an FMC, to a firepower managed from an FMC.

My doubt arises with the migration tool, does it serve me to perform the migration of the ASA configurations, nothing else? because I understand that I need to load a backup of the ASA in the migration tool and then load the new FMC so that this configuration can be migrated, however, the Firepower module configuration is not found in the ASA since it is independent.

That is why my doubt arises, what would be the best way to carry out this migration?

2 Replies 2

Rakshith MN
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are you managing your ASA firepower module, is it being managed by ASDM or FMC? 

If its managed via FMC, you can take a backup of the access-policies.

If its managed via ASDM, here is the procedure for backup of the policies in .sfo format, which can be later uploaded to FMC.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-firepower-services/200448-Configure-Backup-Restore-of-Configurati.html

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A lot depends on how much configuration is actually on your Firepower service module. If it is minimal, it's easiest to just note the policy contents and recreate in on the new ACP that the migration tool creates.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card